For over 250 years, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, has been a leading national research institution. Comprising three universities, Rutgers provides rigorous academics and engaging campus life at a great value.
Of the close to 50,000 undergraduate students in Rutgers-New Brunswick, University College (UC) is dedicated to serving the needs of roughly nine percent of undergraduate nontraditional students who are adults, veterans and students with children. Whether you're interested in registering for one course or considering enrolling in a degree program, we're here to help you take the next steps from preadmission, admissions, enrollment, support and ultimately graduation.
In order to attend Rutgers, future undergraduate students must complete an application. Before completing an application, nontraditional student applicants are encouraged to visit our Future Transfer Students site to help you with the preadmissions process before you apply and pay any fees.
Already completed your research? Time to apply!
- Future (New) Student
Visit our Future Transfer Students site to help you with the preadmissions process before you apply and pay any fees.
- Transfer (External)
NJ Community College students have the opportunity to visit NJ Transfer, a statewide system allowing you to complete a transcript evaluation. View a course-by-course evaluation or see how your courses complete a transfer program, enter your courses manually or request an electronic transcript be sent to NJ Transfer by your community college. UC encourages you to visit our Future Transfer Students site to help you with the preadmissions process before you apply and pay any fees.
- Transfer (Internal)
Currently enrolled Rutgers undergraduate students working toward a degree, who wish to apply for admission to another school within the university, should submit the online school-to-school transfer application. The following general eligibility requirements must be met:
- You want to transfer between Camden, Newark, or New Brunswick
- You want to transfer from one of the professional schools to a liberal arts school or from a liberal arts school to a professional school
School-to-School Transfer Procedures
- Be sure to carefully review the admission/graduation requirements for the school to which you are considering transferring before you submit your school-to-school transfer application. Admission is competitive and the schools' admission criteria are minimal requirements that do not necessarily guarantee admission.
- Review the application procedures and timeline
- Submit your online application by the deadline indicated
Students who were previously Rutgers undergraduates working toward a degree and who wish to return to Rutgers should submit the online re-enrollment application on this website. This includes students who:
- Wish to return to their previous school at Rutgers University
- Wish to return through another school at Rutgers
- Have a Rutgers degree already and wish to return for a second degree
- Were previously matriculated at Rutgers and now wish to take courses on a non-matriculating basis
- Be sure to carefully review the admission/graduation requirements for the school in which you are considering re-enrollment before you submit your re-enrollment application. Admission is competitive and admission criteria are minimal requirements. Meeting the minimal requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Review the application procedures and timeline.
- Submit your online application by the deadline indicated.
You can submit only one re-enrollment application at a time.
Veterans are encouraged to visit our Future Transfer Students site to help you with the preadmissions process before you apply and pay any fees. In addition, our Office of Veteran and Military Programs and Services staff are available for advising. Review your information about the many education benefits and resources important to your success at Rutgers.
Thinking about graduate school? Graduate study at Rutgers offers programs at campuses in New Brunswick, Newark, and Camden. You can study on campus, off campus and online.
Explore your options by field of study, school, location, and degree. Find out the requirements and deadlines for applying. Use our online application to complete the process.